Monday, February 9, 2009

Fantasy

It was important for me to have a "fantasy" category on this blog, because it allows me to include some gorgeous interiors that have absolutely no practical relevance for my decorating future. I mean, I am never going to live in a house with an "orangerie." (In fact, it's unlikely that I'll ever live in a house, period. I haven't yet!) So fantasy this is. Even before you consider the exterior of the place, which looks like ...

this. The only way I'd even visit a place like this is after paying $10 while clutching a Rough Guide.

But look. Here's my fantasy room, right here. That's all I really need. And it doesn't look too hard.

from the ever-magical Marie Claire Maison

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our whole blog is fantasy decor, with a wee "practical" section. I'm glad you're here to represent the other side of the coin.

Cassie said...

I love the fantasy stuff at your blog, Erin! It's so much fun.

Sometimes I think everything I post here is fantasy, given my budget and the size of my apartment. But the GOAL of this blog is to be my real life inspiration book. The day will come when I actually buy furniture, or paint, or SOMETHING! I hope.

Designers' Brew said...

GET me there. that looks like heaven.