Monday, February 23, 2009

Controversy!

This is one of the pictures that prompted a lot of sniping back and forth in a recent Design*Sponge post. Not more than the perennial feuds over painting wood, perhaps, but fairly heated by design blog standards. The images were shot for Apartamento (although not the issue I bought). So, an "everyday life" interior (actually a summer home in Sweden). Personally, I find the images inspirational, although not a look I'd try to reproduce whole. Those floorboards would help anything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little much for me personally, but very cute. Surprised it was so controversial on the Sponge.

carol l. said...

I probably couldn't live with that wallpaper, but for the sake of the floor, I'd be willing to try. Lovely!

famapa said...

good lord, there is just way too much snobbery out there in the world! I'm a firm believer of "if you don't like it then move on". I don't get people having a go at someone else's personal space. and that's what it is, p-e-r-s-o-n-a-l. I love the story of how it got decorated that way by the owner's father. so much more interesting with a bit of history in a home rather than conforming to whatever everyone else likes. besides, as a swede I can completely relate to the need of pattern and colour in the home as the winters are dark and long.